1. Remove the rear cover of your spindle as shown in the video at the bottom of the page.
2. Check the condition of the brushes.
3. Change the brushes if you see excessive wear
4. Clean any build up of dust or debris from around the armature
Lube the Z Axis Lead Screw
1. Clean away any debris that might have built up from the Z Axis lead screw we reccommend using WD40 and a paint brush
2. Apply a multi purpose lithium based grease to the whole length of the Z Axis lead screw.
3. After applying the grease run the Z Axis up and down to it's full extent to ensure the grease is covering all control surfaces.
4. Remove any excess grease at the upper and lower ends of the lead screw with a cloth.