Find out everything you need to know about the latest software updates right here. Make sure you’re staying up to date with new fixes & features for your SmartBench.
You must be connected to wifi in order to update.
If you are unsure, see this article in our Knowledge Base:
How To Get a Software Update
Edited to include customer notes only
V0.4.0 will allow the following changes:
Significantly, this update will introduce the first in our new line of apps - the SmartBench Calibration Wizard!
Calibrating you SmartBench is a critical factor in maintaining cutting accuracy and performance. All SmartBenches leave the factory already calibrated, however calibrating will be necessary in the following situations:
- Significant changes in temperature
- The fitting of warranty replacements
- Excessive vibrations in transit
- Regular maintenance checks (every 320hrs of use)
We hope that this new app will make calibration a simple and easy process. Check out our Calibration Wizard Walkthrough on Youtube!
Other features included in this update are as followed:
- Now has inbuilt "reset & unlock" functionality prior to Homing
This Software Update was released Nov 2019
V0.3.3 will will allow the following changes:
- Fix for freezing/lagging that would occur if Easycut & machine had been left idle for a long time.
- Clear up of memory that was associated with the Gcode monitor.
- Addition of a "status" screen in the Gcode monitor, so that you can see the machine status update constantly.
If you've not updated your bench previously, this update will also allow the following:
- Fix for file preview lag
- Fix for problem files crashing Easycut (in file check and file preview)
- Vacuum coming in during file check process
- Sped up file check process significantly
- All $C toggles now directed through router_machine commands
- Updated acceleration values to improve tool life
Hi. What about adding functionality for resuming job if it gets interrupted by lets say a power outage?
That's a great idea - we've added this to software development to begin working on it for a future SU.